Sadly, 2021 is off to a turbulent start that is showing signs that it might be the ghetto. My family moved out of the hood a long time ago and I have no desire to go back. I REFUSE to let 2021 be a shit show. REFUSE! 2021, we need you to sit down and act like you got a little bit of sense!
We witnessed the biggest current day display of white privilege with the attack on the Capitol. Y'all. What in the actual f...? That's all I'm going to say on that.
2020 taught me a couple of things.
- Control is an illusion. The only thing we can control is ourselves. Everything else is THEM PEOPLE'S BUSINESS.
- You being a good person does NOT mean people will be good to you. You are NOT required to set yourself on fire to keep other people warm! Be a good person though, it will come back to you tenfold.
- Know your worth, then add tax!
- Set healthy boundaries. Many of the situations we find ourselves in happen because we have not set healthy boundaries. Does that person DESERVE to have that much access to you? Is there an even exchange of energy and effort? This can apply to all relationships and interactions.
- Don't say what you won't do...because you are not a psychic. Situations change.
- Live your best life, on your own terms. Do the things that bring you joy, but don't let that be crack, k?
- SLIDE IN THEM DMs SIS! But make sure he's available and you're available. No drama 2021.
- Work on your communication. We can all do better.
- Love on your people! Give flowers while your loved ones are able to receive them...but have them delivered, because, Covid.
- GO TO THERAPY! It has been my saving grace. I'm encouraging everyone to go. Remove the stigma. We have all been through so much, take care of your mental health!