Skip to main content

Radioactive Iodine Therapy Follow Up Number 2

Today I had my second follow-up. It's crazy how we hear something that wasn't really said. I guess I just expected the worst. But when I went to have my blood drawn last week, I made an appointment for next week to see the doctor. The scheduler called me back soon after I left and said that my doctor would like to see me much sooner because of the way my levels were reading.

I took this news as I had to have a second dose of RAI because the last time I saw him my levels were still high. I should have asked more questions instead of freaking out and assuming the worst. How does that saying about assuming go?

Anyways, today's appointment was great. My thyroid is dead! No trace of hormone in my blood. But why do I still feel horribly? And why am I gaining this damned weight? I mean I'm seriously busting out of my pants! Now I'm too low on the hypothyroidism scale. But that's ok because now I can start Synthroid!

I've actually already started it. I took the first dose at the pharmacy. He said I should start to feel better in about 2 weeks and the weight should come back off. I gotta eat right and exercise though. I never thought I would be so happy to hear that I can start exercising!

My heart rate was 55 today! I don't think it's EVER been that low! YAY!!

So I'm excited, but tired. I just wanted to catch up those that have been following my journey and thank all of those that are praying with me!

I heart you guys!



Popular posts from this blog

Dial Vitamin Boost Giveaway

Howdy folks! Dial sent me a bottle of their new Vitamin Boost Body Wash to test out. They even sent me a few coupons to give away to you guys! Don't they ROCK?! Yeah they do, and so does this new body wash! I got the product a few weeks ago, but as is with most things that come to my house, it just sat in the living room unopened. Not because I didn't want to open it...but I've been a little short on time. Even with several snow days it seems like I just don't have enough hours in a day. Does that mean I don't wash? NOOOO. It means that this body wash just made it upstairs with me this morning! LOL I'm always skeptical about "moisturizing" body washes. I have extremely sensitive, eczema prone skin. So I really have to be careful. Even some washes that claim to be triple moisturizing dry me out and leave me wishing I had one of those cat towers to rub up against. So I finally got to test the waters with this one. Here are what this product c

Dial Baby & Kids (Giveaway)

Let me start by saying that the toddler years are fun...and a true test of faith and patience LOL! I love my little tot with everything I have in me. But every day she tests my limits in way I didn't even know were possible. I mostly laugh. She is a very spirited little girl who LOVES to be outside. I mean she will cry to go outside and sometimes all she wants to do is climb in a chair and sit on the porch and watch the cars go by. On this particular day though...(Jesus be a fence) she wanted to chase lizards, pop bubbles, shred leaves, kick her ball in the sticker bushes and throw a flower pot off the deck to see how far she could get it to go. Maybe softball is in her future, who knows LOL. That said ball ended up bursting from being repeatedly kicked in the sticker bushes... After our world wind backyard excursion, we go inside to have a snack and settle down a bit. Luckily she likes to wash her hands. I mean, she almost had that lizard! She really enjoys Dial W

Baby Magic is Here! My Birth Story

Princesses get their way. And true to form, my little princess decided that she, and only she would be in control of when she arrived. Forget about me or the doctors trying to schedule ANYTHING! **This is a long post that goes into detail. Read at your own risk.** On Sunday, July scratch that. On Saturday, July 20th, I was having cramps. They weren't too painful and were coming only about once every hour. Honestly, I thought I had gas. I had a good bit of visitors that day and told everybody that I felt like I was going to have the baby soon. I was already on bed rest and wasn't doing much. Thanks to some awesome friends, I had enough food that all I had to do was warm it and eat it. After all of the company left, I really just wanted to lie down. So I went to bed. I was awakened maybe 3 times during the night with these "cramps." The next morning I got out of bed about 10:30am (late for me) and took a shower, hoping that the heat would soothe me.